Giving Thanks and staying fit.
Posted: November 12, 2018
Thanksgiving is a time known for eating big and exersising small! It is not only very easy to get off track with your fitness but the extra calories can add up quick!
Here are 10 sure-fire ways to stay on track during the holiday season:
- Instead of snacking on baked sweets, switch to a natural sweets like fruit to manage your sweet tooth.
- With so many evening parties, it’s important to plan an exit strategy that will get you home in time to get the recommended eight hours of sleep.
- Drink plenty of water. The cool weather has a tendency to dehydrate and, sometimes, hunger pains can be a result of insufficient fluid intake.
- Stay away from the break room, where team members often offer home-made baked goods and candies during this time of year. By avoiding the snack area where cheating can occur, you’re less likely to succumb to temptation.
- Exercise your way through the holidays. By continuing to do even moderate exercise, you will increase your endorphin levels, which will eliminate the holiday blues and keep you from eating out of boredom.
- Don’t increase alcohol consumption. If you’re a social drinker during the rest of the year, maintain your pace. Just because there’s a man in a red suit, it doesn’t mean that one drink has to turn into two. Also, anytime you are drinking, it is recommended to drink two glasses of water for each alcoholic drink you consume.
- Demonstrate portion control. For some reason people feel an obligation to over eat around the holidays, but it’s not a requirement to indulge. By practicing portion control, you will not only feel better about your choice, but you will feel better physically.
- Watching sports over the holidays is fine, but there is no reason to eat continually throughout the game. Instead of sitting in the recliner, try riding a stationary bike or walking on a treadmill. Also eat healthier snacks.
- Wash your hands more often; it doesn’t make you weird, it makes you health conscious. Nothing is worse than getting sick during the holidays.
- Try your best to stay regular with your exersise regement, be it the gym, swimming or martial art training.
Doing small things to maintain a healthier, happier lifestyle will make a huge difference in your life, especially during the holidays.
Are you looking for a place to keep active that emphasizes a healthy lifestyle and life balance? Then click the link in the top right corner of this page to find out about our no commitment/no obligation trial classes today and see if CKD is a good fit for you and your goals! Join the fun at CKD Martial Art & Self Defense where you’ll experience expert training in a fun, positive and supportive environment suitable for everyone in your family. Make sure to act fast though as motivation seldom waits till the time is right, we have to strike while the iron is hot! :)